- junio 20th, 2013 |
Chocolate biscuits that make a train? Food and fun together? You’ll have a great time cooking these with the kids!
- 3 cups multi-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line two oven trays with greaseproof paper and then mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a cup and leave to one side.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Add the flour mix from the cup a little at a time and mix to a smooth
- Divide the dough into two halves, wrap in plastic film and chill in the fridge for at least an
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it’s 6.5 mm
- Cut into shapes to form a train and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the centres slightly softer and
- Finally, place biscuits on a rack to cool then on a plate decorated to form a picture.